Medication at school

Whenever possible, parents and health care providers are encouraged to work out a schedule of medications that takes place outside of school hours. If a student must receive medication while at school, his or her parent or guardian must complete a Medication Authorization Form, which is available at each school or can be downloaded below.

Health Information

The health information you provide at registration and throughout the year is shared with staff as necessary to benefit the health and safety of your child and others. Please notify your child’s school when there are changes in your child’s health and when your emergency contact phone numbers change.

Immunization requirements

Dear Parent or Guardian:


Required Immunizations for School Year 2019-20

Your child needs an up-to-date Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form before the first day of school in fall. Please click on the following link: Certificate of Immunization Form

Padres de familia ¿Estan sus hijos listos para la escuela?
Vacunas requeridas para el ciclo escolar

Su hijo necesita un certificado de fecha del estado de inmunización (CIS) antes del primer día deescuela en el otoño. Certificado del estado de vacunacion

On May 10, 2011, Governor Gregoire signed a bill that requires a licensed health care provider to sign the Certificate of Exemption for a parent or guardian to exempt their child from school and child care immunization requirements. The signature verifies that the provider gave the parent or guardian information about the benefits and risks of immunization. A parent or guardian can also turn in a signed letter from a health care provider stating the same information.

The law took effect on July 22, 2011. It only applies to exemptions requested after this date. A health care provider doesn't need to sign the form for parents or guardians who demonstrate membership in a church or religious group that does not allow a health care provider to provide medical treatment to a child. Beginning July 22, 2011, parents and/or guardians who want to exempt their child from immunization requirements must fill out an updated form: Certificate of Immunization Exemption .

n 10 de mayo de 2011, gobernador Gregoire firmó una ley que requiere un proveedor de atención médica con licencia firmar el certificado de exención para un padre o tutor eximir a sus hijos de escuela y el niño requisitos de inmunización de cuidado. La firma se verifica que el proveedor le dio la información de padres o tutores sobre los beneficios y riesgos de la vacunación. También puede activar un padre o tutor en una carta firmada desde un proveedor de atención médica indicando la misma información.

La ley entró en vigor el 22 de julio de 2011. Sólo se aplica a las exenciones solicitadas después de esta fecha. Un proveedor de atención médica no necesita firmar el formulario para los padres o tutores que demuestran la pertenencia a una iglesia o grupo religioso que no permita que un proveedor de atención médica proporcionar tratamiento médico a un niño. Comenzando el 22 de julio de 2011, los padres o tutores que desean eximir a sus hijos de requisitos de inmunización deben llenar un formulario actualizado: Certificado de Exencion

Complete the form with Tdap and varicella information as follows:

Student Insurance

The Stanwood-Camano School District is committed to the safety of our students; however, the District is not responsible for student accidents on District property unless the District is found to be negligent.

Flu information

We want to remind families of the importance of preventing the spread of germs at home, school and work:

  • Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
  • Sneeze or cough into a tissue, elbow, or sleeve. Throw the tissue in the trash after use.

Anaphylaxis or Asthma medication

If a parent wants his or her child to carry and self-administer asthma or anaphylaxis medication (such as an inhaler and/or Epipen) during school hours or during school-sponsored events, state law requires that the child’s health care provider complete and sign a Medication Authorization Form and formulate a written care and treatment plan.

HIV/AIDS prevention

State law requires that school districts instruct all 5th through 12th grade students in a unit on HIV/AIDS education.

Life-threatening conditions

State law requires that ALL children who have been diagnosed with a life-threatening condition must have a medication or treatment order and Emergency Care Plan in place before he or she can attend school.

Human Papillomavirus

The following information is being provided to you at the direction of the Washington State Legislature to help reduce cervical cancer rates in Washington by protecting girls from Human Papillomavirus.

Meningococcal disease information

Schools in Washington are required to provide the parents and guardians of students entering 6th through 12th grades with information on meningococcal disease. Meningitis is an infection of the fluid of a person’s spinal cord and fluid that surrounds the brain. There are two distinct kinds – viral and bacteria, with each type exhibiting similar symptoms.

H1N1 Virus (flu) - When to keep your child home from school

What are the symptoms of H1N1 virus (swine flu)?
The most important symptoms are fever with cough or sore throat. Other symptoms include headache, tiredness, runny nose, body aches, diarrhea, and vomiting.