Dear School Community:
On May 6, 2014 the Board of Directors approved new school attendance boundaries for elementary and middle schools. A committee of parents and staff reviewed overcrowded conditions in one of our elementary schools and after community input, recommended some boundary changes for the 2014-15 school year.
- The areas north of 300th and west of I-5 will attend Stanwood Elementary.
- The Sunday Lake area will attend Twin City Elementary and Port Susan Middle Schools.
- The revised 1-mile safe-walking area near the high school will attend Cedarhome Elementary and Stanwood Middle School. This area extends as far west as 78th Ave NW and as far south as 273rd St NW. (No transportation is provided for all students who live within a 1-mile safe-walking distance of their neighborhood schools.),
- There are no boundary changes to the Camano Island schools.
(KEY: click on any color for school boundary area.)
As a part of our transition plan, a grandfathering component was approved for the 2014-15 school year only:
- Grandfathering will be allowed for 5th graders at Twin City Elementary and Cedarhome Elementary schools in 2014-15 only,
- Grandfathering will be allowed for 8th graders at Port Susan Middle School and Stanwood Middle School in 2014-15 only,
- Siblings are not grandfathered,
- The district will not provide transportation if the grandfathering option is selected.
To determine your child's school attendance area the new attendance boundary maps are available on our website (www.stanwood.wednet.edu), at your neighborhood schools, and at the district office (Administration & Resource Center).
If you have any questions, please contact us at 360-629-1222 or your school principal.
Jean Shumate, Ed.D.